Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Film Poster Design

Although my blog's focus is on individual designers and their work, I thought I would share this blog about a cool link I found through one of my followers on Twitter. In my own work, I thoroughly enjoy designing posters and prints, so when I followed the link http://graphicdesignjunction.com/2010/12/35-best-movie-posters-of-2010-and-2011-movies-poster-showcase/ , and found tons of awesome film poster designs I was instantly intrigued. I love movies and always admire well-designed graphic posters and advertisements for upcoming films, so being able to take a look at the best of 2010 and 2011 was pretty interesting. 
While scrolling through the page, I found that I was attracted to compositions that incorporated simplicity of layout, content, and design. Simplicity and understatement of design are definitely common in my own work, so I was drawn to many designs that utilized these elements. Specifically, I found the poster for #12-Saw 3D to be enthralling. 


The text at the top of the poster reading, "In Eye-Popping 3D" allows for a pun or play on words with the image of the eye being the focal point of the composition. Using the Saw franchise signature "logo" in a deep red color, connects the audience with what the film will most likely entail. The piece overall is muted in color, but the realistic qualities of the eye's iris blended with the illustrative qualities of the various montage of images surrounding the eye capture the essence of the film in a very effective way. Which poster designs are your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment